Head of Marketing and Insight
(Overview and purpose of job role)
To enable our client and its partners to lead the way in profitable 'Everyday Lending' products and services through innovation and transformation based on robust insight, data, partner and market knowledge.
To develop robust and motivating insights based on sound research and data that enable the business to identify customer, partner and market needs that inform the innovation strategy, propositions and product development.
To bring clarity to the future ambition of our business, enabling development of big ideas and new concepts hat accelerate our propositions and product experience and enable us to win in the market.
The role holder will be closely involved in shaping the future of our offerings; building clarity and confidence in our direction and in defining and delivering innovative, digitally-led finance solutions.
Proposition development initiatives include:
- new products for existing, new or potential partner
- product solutions/enhancements to address customer and commercial opportunities and issues
- new channels/routes to market
- customer/brand experience
- sourcing new products from 3rd party providers
- other customer or regulation oriented digital and infrastructure developments
To succeed, you must have an innate understanding and appreciation of 'the customer' and the ability to develop and deliver innovative solutions from concept through to real world commercial success
Role-holders are expected to be digitally immersed experts - fully conversant and experienced in the opportunities existing today and an interest in emerging technologies and trends
The post holder will be an experienced marketing/business professional with a track record of success in delivering market analysis and insight for proposition generation
- Provide market and industry analysis and reporting to inform business decisions and future visioning
- Identifying potential external issues that are likely to have an impact on the business e.g. market growth or decline; competitive incursion into our markets; future legislation or social trends and pressures
- Identifying opportunities for us to maximise advantage in the market place
- Benchmarking products, services and proposition against competitors
- Maintain a wide network of external influences and information sources to expand the horizon of our thinking.
- Link into the wider network; sharing with others and bringing innovations to the UK
- Be an evangelist and ambassador for innovation and transformation around the business. Sharing trends, future forecasts and predictions across the business.
- Provide recommendations to support business and customer value growth through the identification of potential new and enhanced retail and credit finance propositions
- Creating powerful and actionable insight to support and inform the current and future business objectives of us and partners
- Creating insights to inform existing product and service enhancements; pricing, business and market appraisal,
- Market segmentation and prioritisation
- Market identification and entry strategies
- Acquisition, balance building and retention strategies and tactic
- Understanding customer, partner and market needs through the definition, analysis and interpretation of insight in order to initiate new opportunities/ideas for products
- Support the development of customer and partner credit propositions, ensuring that significant business initiatives are based on distinctive, innovative propositions that create a distinctive market position and long term value for the business
- Ensure that new propositions are aligned to the product strategy and requirements being developed
- Extensive experience within an innovation, insight and/or proposition development related discipline
- Ability to identify, extract, summarise and interpret relevant information from a broad range of sources to develop overarching analysis and strategic insights to inform plans and create innovative solutions
- Insightful and intuitive approach to interpreting market and consumer research and data to support recommendations for the business and proposition development to take forward
- Excellent relationship management skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation; influencing all levels of stakeholders and working successfully with other departments and external partners
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to build accurate and effective business cases
- Ability to work across several projects at once - delivering to agreed timescales and standards
- Interest in FS markets and innovations and future opportunities
- Proven track record of delivering insights and innovative proposition recommendations
- Evidence of successfully launched propositions and products with a great digital experience at their heart based on customer insight and research