Warehouse Desk Clerk - 31-40 Hours - Wednesbury
Our Regional Distribution Centre is looking for a pro-active and enthusiastic individual to join their vibrant Warehouse team. This role entails various admin tasks, working within both an office and Warehouse environment. Reporting to the Assistant Team Manager of the Warehouse, you will be responsible for ensuring stock is checked, stored and picked efficiently and effectively to be shipped to all stores across the region. You will provide the vital link between the stores and the warehouse ensuring that orders and received and processed in a timely manner. This opportunity is ideal for an individual looking to utilize their strong organisational and interpersonal skills in a buzzing, dynamic team environment.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of Team Lidl. Should you be successful at this stage you will then be invited for a face to face interview.
We look forward to receiving your application!
What will you do?
- Support the Assistant Team Manager with daily tasks, including database management, stock management, the transport schedule and other relevant computer programmes
- Controlling designated areas of the Warehouse
- Assisting with training of new and current employees
- Completing projects set up by the Section Manager
- Minimising costs at all times by ensuring maximum productivity
- Managing operatives within the warehouse and also store delivery drivers
- Communicate other the phone to other departments and stores, dealing with any queries or issues they might have
- Assisting the Section Supervisor with any ad hoc tasks
- Communicating with other departments to ensure continuous flow of goods within the warehouse and to stores
What will you need?
- Previous warehouse administration experience would be advantageous
- Good IT proficiency, including Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Fluent English is essential
- Fully flexible in terms of working hours which may include night shifts
- Able to use own initiative
- Confidence to deal with other operatives and store managers to ensure operations run smoothly
What do we offer?
- £18,440 - £28,928 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects