An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant to join a fast paced and growing business in Stoke-on-Trent.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting group of companies, where you will report to the Financial Controller.
This role is with a luxury group where you will need to be driven and ambition to act as a Brand Ambassador at all times. Always embody the brand ethos ‘excellence is the new normal’.
Job Purpose: Provide full financial and administrative support and discipline
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain accurate and up to date accounting records for the.
• Develop monthly Management Accounts as directed by the Finance Controller
• Support the Finance team on Sage 50/Sage 200 transition, to the position of full and effective conclusion with agreed timetables.
• Ensure the purchase ledger and sales ledgers are accurate and up to date at all times, including the requirement to liaise with the warehouse function to match GRN’s and PO’s with supplier invoices.
• Ensure effective distribution of invoices to appropriate heads of departments for authorization, whilst maintaining a system of timely processing on the system.
• In conjunction with the Finance Controller prepare a list of proposed weekly supplier payment runs.
• Manage the process of accurate and on-time Commission and Royalty payments in accordance with the agreed policy and procedure.
• Manage the Purchase Order Log, ensuring full adherence to policy and efficient control is applied by all staff.
• Ensure full and accurate files are maintained for all personnel.
• Act as the ‘gatekeeper’ on all new staff, ensuring that job offers and contracts are issued on a timely basis and in compliance with Company policy.
• Review all expenses claims for compliance with policy and process as part of weekly payment runs.
• Control the process for receipt and efficient reconciling of all Returns.
• Maintain daily bank transactions on all accounts in the daily register.
• Provide HR admin support to all Management and staff throughout the Group
• Maintain the Company Staff Handbook, keeping it up to date at all times.
• Provide guidance to Line Managers on HR policy and law as required.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on legal requirement for HR and Health and Safety, advising Line Managers accordingly.
• Complete the Payroll process monthly.
• Work with the finance team to help develop the best in class suite of financial controls and procedures
• Provide effective Credit Control disciplines, ensuring timely invoicing and receipt of incoming cash
• Maintain an up to date fixed asset register for all purchases or disposals of fixed assets. Depreciate all fixed assets on a monthly basis in accordance with the company’s policies.
• Be continually alert to profit improvement opportunities through enhanced revenue or cost cutting and make recommendations at any time.
• Assist the Finance Controller with journal entries and general ledger code reconciliations as required to maintain accurate records at all times.
• Assist with and coordinate the valuation of quarterly physical inventories as part of the quarter and year end process.
• Ensure all documents are filed and maintained in an orderly and efficient way, allowing effective access, and that archive filing reflects both Company and statutory requirements.
• Assist with any projects or analysis as required to further develop the success of the company.
• Be responsible for the maintenance and efficient ordering and usage of office supplies – ie stationery, kitchen and washroom materials.
• Actively participate in any project or analysis to benefit the company.
• Act as an ambassador for the company and the finance department at all times whether in internal or external meetings.
• Comply with Health and Safety regulations as per the Company Handbook.
• Respond to any other reasonable requests made by the Operating Committee.
AAT or part ACCA/CIMA qualified desirable
Knowledge of SAGE and advanced Excel
What I hope you will do next:
Apply directly now here or email Anita McLaughlin at REED Chester, email@example.com or call 01244 408 790
Interviews will be held next week, so don't miss out apply now!!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business