Contract Support Service Manager
As a Contract Support Service Manager at HS2 you will manage and provide accurate Management Information (MI) to the Corporate Contracts Team and senior stakeholders covering all aspects of the contracts portfolio and its associated risks so as to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department.
About the role:
- Responsible for planning and resource allocation across the Corporate Contract Team
- Accountable for the delivery and accurate delivery of MI to inform risk-based decision making covering all Corporate Contracts (c.200, with annual turnover of c.£170m).
- Manage the MI and Planning Analyst. Responsible for objective setting, development and performance management.
- Design, develop and implement a comprehensive dashboard report that covers Corporate Contract Management's performance and risks.
- Undertake reviews of the enabling systems, ensuring these are fit for purpose, and manage implementation of new data capture processes.
- Design and implement cohesive planning procedures to underpin the MI and Planning strategy of Corporate Contract Management
- Establish revised risk performance procedure and systemise risk reporting across the team
- Contribute fully to the implementation of the revised departmental operating mode
- Effective stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Skilled in compiling and reviewing robust performance dashboards
- Ability to develop, implement, realise and embed innovation, value for money and benefits realisation by providing intelligent analysis based on accurate data sources to support the management of the team's resources and underpin the commercial activity of the team
- Ability to work across multiple areas of the business to ensure that relevant parties work collaboratively together
- Understanding of procurement and contract activity and processes
- Knowledge of data systems and reporting methodologies
- Experience of leading people, managing/coaching staff in their career development and ability to drive excellence in staff leadership and man agement skills
- Experience of reporting and presenting in-depth information and data to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Clear understanding of the delivery and commercial implications of HS2 and its supply chain's actions and decisions
- Development of processes with governance areas to accurately reflect the Regulations whilst also ensuring a streamlined process for the team
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.