Assistant Contract Manager
As an Assistant Contract Manager at HS2 you will provide contract management across HS2 Ltd's corporate contracts portfolio. HS2 have a growing portfolio of contracts, including both standard government forms and NEC3 contracts.
About the role:
- Assist their designated Contract Manager in their duties of managing a portfolio of corporate contracts up to a combined value of £60M.
- Contribute to the administration of HS2 Ltd corporate contracts
- Assist in drafting documents to progress change requests through the company's governance structure, systems and in association with other HS2 functions;
- Assist in compiling documents for compliance checks against contracts
- Assist in the production of contract management plans for each contract
- Review supplier performance against KPIs and performance measures
- Assist in the calculation of service credits and warranty payments
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract.
- Experience of working in an assistant contracts or commercial role with regards to corporate contracts
- Knowledge of different forms of contract and risk allocation
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of contract management processes and payment systems e.g. SAP -
- Knowledge of contract KPIs and performance measures
- Awareness of the procurement lifecycle and stages
- Experience with a good range of programmes and software (Excel, SAP, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.