Customer Service Associate (part-time)
Customer Service Associate (part-time)
Shift pattern: 30 hours per week, 4.30pm-9.30pm Mon-Fri and Saturday 9am-2pm
As a Barclays Customer Service Associate, you will have the opportunity to take ownership, creating an exceptional customer and client experience. You will strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients, within a multi-channel environment. You will also investigate customer and client queries related to a range of products and services to understand the cause, impact and provide an effective solution. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, you will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
At Barclays, customer care is more than answering calls and ticking boxes. We want to make ourselves the bank our customers love to do business with. So we've developed Smarter Human Banking - an innovative approach that combines smarter technology with a 4,000 strong-team of customer obsessed experts; all focused on exceeding expectations and turning customers into loyal fans. As part of the Customer Advocacy team, you'll be central to its success.
As a Customer Service Associate, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Identifying and agreeing the right solution for the customer, using your innovative ability to impress
* Thinking and acting like the customer, involving customers in determining outcomes that are best for them, understanding their short, medium and long term needs
* Balancing different viewpoints and customer insight with policies, exercising clear judgement and initiative to reach the right customer outcome that is within the best interest of the Bank
* Proactively working to avoid issues, confidently making self-initiated contact, anticipating needs and addressing customer queries and concerns efficiently, surprising with unexpected solutions
* Interacting with customers on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
* Investigating customer queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect to create exceptional customer experiences
As a Customer Service Associate, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Experience in delivering exceptional customer interactions in a professional and caring manner
* The ability to balance different viewpoints, customer and client insight and policies to reach the right customer and Bank outcome
* Excellent planning and organisational skills with strong attention to detail in preparing for each contact and approaching each investigation using your own judgement
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to deliver positive impactful communication needed to gather information, clarify circumstances, and explain outcomes clearly and effectively
* The ability to remain in control and empathetic to move the conversation on and find common areas of agreement
* Being an excellent team player, supporting a culture of individuality, fun, and the sharing and embedding of best practice but with the ability to work individually and under pressure
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.