Retoucher (Non-Photographer) / Creative Artworker Adobe CS
Job Title: Retoucher (Non-Photography)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports To: Team Leader/Lead Retoucher
Imagine yourself at the heart of a dynamic, inspiring and future-focused team, helping to build the reputation of household-name brands around the world. Imagine seeing a product picked off a shelf, with the knowledge that you were part of that motivation. That's what our client do. They are a global collective of companies that enables brands to Own The Moment™, when a customer's interest can be converted into action.
You will be responsible for the completion of retouching activities relating to the supplying of the company's goods and services.
- Converting images received into colour correct, production ready images for use in any media environment.
- Colour correct and execute client's comments and direction
- Managing multi layered PSD's containing multiple Layer sets and file management.
- Produce colour accurate proofs for client approval
- Ability to mentor new & junior staff, provide training to less experienced team members
- Responsibility for ensuring line and traffic managers are kept informed of the progress of the jobs they are working on, and any impact there is to the production plan
- To understand the importance of using systems and to record image retouching progress on jobs
- To ensure that all images produced and proofed are correct and reviewed in accordance to the quality procedures
- Develop and update master artworks and guideline documentation.
- To ensure all quality control procedures are adhered to
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience using Adobe CS packages
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for daily interaction with account management / traffic team
- Knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others
- Ability to work both as part of a team and unsupervised
- Proven experience of artwork creation and manipulation to a high standard
- Ability to understand and execute instructions
- Must be detail-oriented
- To adhere to all internal processes in place for digital workflows
- To adhere to all reporting processes set up within the department
- Effective problem-solving
- Ability to manage own workload and meet customer deliveries
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures
- A keen eye for colour and colour matching skills
- You will have solid experience of working within a prepress environment
- Experience of the print industry and processes
- 08:00 - 16:30 (Mon-Fri) - 30 minutes for lunch
- Private Pension, matching between 1% - 5%
- Private Healthcare (currently Aviva) - tax applicable due to benefit in kind
- Life Assurance (x3 annual salary pay out)
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 statutory bank holidays)
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant titles of; Artworker, Creative Artworker, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe CS, Photoshop, Pre-Press Operative, Prepress Operator, Pre-Press Assistant, Reprographic Coordinator, Reprographic Print Officer , Marketing Assistant, Print Marketing, Marketing Officer, Creative and Designer will also be considered for this role.