Head of Operations
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Head of Operational Services (Social Care) for the Midlands which is a pivotal role within the Operations directorate. This is a full time permanent role that will be based at the brand new TouchBase Pears in Selly Oak, Birmingham. We are looking for highly motivated individual to provide direction and operational leadership ensuring delivery of innovative and effective services within the budgets available.
As Head of Operations you will be working in collaboration with Sense colleagues and the senior management team in the areas of innovation, marketing and growth and the quality and compliance team; supporting and developing excellence and innovation in working with people who have sensory impairments or complex needs. You will ensure that the children, young people and adults accessing Sense service provision receive excellent, care and support during their time within services so they can achieve high quality outcomes in all aspects of their development. In addition, you will be accountable for achieving the ambitious targets for growth as highlighted in our corporate strategy.
Sense is a national disability charity that supports people with complex communication needs to be understood, connected and valued. We are here for every person who faces communication barriers in a world that relies on being able to see and hear well to be connected. Our flexible and personalised services empower people to communicate and express themselves – be it through speech or sign, touch or movement, gesture or sound, art or dance. Together, we connect differently and campaign passionately for the right to lead connected and fulfilled lives.
TouchBase Pears is a pioneering, multi-purpose centre for the whole community in Birmingham and beyond - a place that brings people together in a welcoming environment where everyone can feel connected, included and part of the community. TouchBase Pears has:
- A family-friendly café
- A sensory garden
- Art exhibitions and performances
- Children’s activities
- A wide range of rooms and facilities for hire
We are looking for an energetic and inspirational leader with:
- Experience within a regulated environment such as in the Ofsted / CQC role or evidence of having undertaken a substantial role in preparing for an Ofsted / CQC Inspection
- Experience of building, motivating and leading highly effective geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary staff teams
- Experience of developing excellent working relationships between internal directorates and external stakeholders
- A demonstrable record of developing and delivering services that reflect the changing social care agenda
- Able to demonstrate a record of ensuring processes are in place that safeguard vulnerable people and deliver excellent quality standards
- Demonstrable experience of effective business planning and delivery of services
- A passion for social care and identification with our Sense values