Client Communications Executive
Eversheds-Sutherland is not your average law firm and we’re not looking for average people. We do things differently – in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That’s how we’ve become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
The Eversheds-Sutherland marketing team is widely recognised as challenging the paradigm of traditional law firm marketing. Join us if you thrive in an environment where you are genuinely empowered to lead and deliver on highly strategic and innovative client-facing programmes and projects. You will be dealing with some of the world's top business names working alongside some of the world's leading lawyers, exploiting your professional knowledge and experience. Every day is different but every day is satisfying.
Reporting to and taking direction from the Senior Manager (Key Accounts & Sector Development) for the Diversified Industrials sector, you will have responsibility for the execution of all client-led marketing communications activity within the sector on a global basis including events (virtual, in-house, third party), e-briefings and newsletters, sponsorships, campaigns, social media and PR internal and external. You will also support the day-to-day aspects of Key Account Management, including Client Service Team management and administration, organisation of client specific hospitality and the provision of client-facing management information.
We have a vacancy for a Client Communications Executive in the DI sector team. The DI sector includes Industrial Engineering, Aerospace, Chemicals and Automotive sub-sectors.
• Delivery of client facing communications such as legal briefings utilising various digital communications channels
• Taking direction from senior manager for the key accounts and sector development team
• Manage liaison with web team and designers to ensure sector focused website content is current and effectively promotes our key sales messages
• Delivery of elements of the event lifecycle, live and virtual, from conception to completion, including scoping, administration (invitations, rooms, catering, badges, etc.), through to execution (client-facing) and follow up, with a strong focus on ensuring that leads generated are qualified and communicated to the relevant colleagues and tracked through the sales process
• Analysis of analytics and management information to identify business development opportunities linked to the sector e.g. Legal Week reports, Trovus, website and e-briefing data
• Management of sector budgets, including forward forecasting and planning
• Driving a robust and clear social media campaign strategy
• Building relationships and managing activity with key industry associations, trade bodies and intermediaries
Maintenance of our Interaction-based CRM database (known as Share) including, information on KAM clients, targets and prospects
• Co-ordination of sector specific content on the firmwide extranet ‘Insite’, and .com pages
• The role will involve other occasional duties as determined by the Senior Manager (Key Accounts and Sector Development), including:
- preparation of client facing proposals, management information, liaising with Finance colleagues;
- collation of Client Service Team agendas and action points
Delivery of anticipated ROI on all marketing communications activity and driving strategic campaigns, specific to the development and growth of the DI sector.
Skills and experience:
• Client focus & commercial acumen
• Knowledge of Professional Services would be beneficial
• A track record of flawless operational planning, execution and follow-up of
the complete range of marketing communication channels is essential
• A passion and interest in building a specialism in the DI sector is desirable
• Innovative thinking to challenge existing marketing communications activity, particularly from a digital perspective, bringing best practice from previous experience
Strong attention to detail, organisational skills and the ability to manage internal and external expectations and conflicting deadlines are essential
• Methodical, an efficient self-starter with a positive and ’can do’ attitude. Able to work well on your own initiative and as part of a wider team
• Financial acumen to accurately manage budgets
• Well-honed negotiation skills to put to effect with internal and external stakeholders
• Polished and professional, as the role will involve regular client contact. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• IT literate, with advanced Interaction, SharePoint and Microsoft Office skills. Familiarity with and an interest in social media platforms would be an advantage.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds-Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.