PIE Schools and Parents Facilitator
PIE Schools & Parents Facilitator â€" Fixed Term for 18 Months Until March 2019
Lead for Physcologically Informed Environments
St Basils, Head Office, 71-75 Allcock Street, Digbeth, B9 4DY
Scale 5, Points 22-25, £19,370 - £21,244, per annum, pro rata
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week, flexibility is crucial as there will be a need to work evenings/weekends
Thursday 19th October 2017 - 12pm
Working alongside psychologists in the PIE Team and from the University of Birmingham to support the development of a PIE approach in educational settings and with parent groups, with the aim of reducing familial relationship breakdown, which is a significant factor in youth homelessness. The post-holder will be involved in the Trailblazers projects, bringing together networks of teachers and parents to co-design and support delivery of bespoke PIE packages to empower teachers and parents to build trusting, empathic and mutually respectful relationships with their young people.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- A qualification that includes the theory and application of psychological models
- Experience of engaging and working with parents and their children
- An understanding about St Basils PIE tools and approaches
- Ability to build relationships with a large calibre of people
- Ability to liaise with parents and schools
- An understanding of the key elements of a Psychologically Informed Environment
Please note: CVs and handwritten applications are not accepted.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.