Casualty Claims Handler
Title: Casualty Claims Handler
Salary: to £25,000
Job ref: ADR/19419
Expanding claims organisation, who have grown impressively over the past few years, currently seek an EL/PL Injury Handler to join their growing team. You will actively support the liability function by providing an efficient claims handling service
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle, investigate and close a caseload of liability injury claims on behalf of Insurer and commercial clients, in accordance with best practice and SLA’s of the client.
- Take pro-active steps to effectively deal with claims.
- Ensure that all allocated work is handled within KPI’s of the business unit.
- Promote compliance with best practice for all aspects of claims assessment across the business unit and be aware of bespoke practices for specified clients.
- To follow agreed internal and external processes, policies and procedures to ensure quality and service standards are met and leakage minimised.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers including Brokers, Clients and Claimants with the intention of enhancing the reputation of the business.
- Work as part of a team and support colleagues
- Take personal and collective responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory framework.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of handling injury claims.
- Ideally, you will have EL/PL experience, although if you have strong motor injury, your application will also be welcome.
- Working knowledge of pre-action Protocols, claims and litigation procedures, MoJ portal, products and services.
- Able to analyse, evaluate and make logical decisions whilst meeting deadlines and department quality and service standards.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a positive outlook.
- A clear, logical decision maker/problem solver, committed to delivering a quality service.
- Takes ownership and follows through on agreed commitments and will take the initiative to overcome problems and implement solutions swiftly.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Maths and English.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your cv or contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine to discuss further.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please contact us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.