MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe’s leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
We are looking to recruit a DevOps DBA to join our IT services team. The main responsibilities for this role are the proactive management of Relational, NoSQL and object data storage platforms, ensuring data platforms remain available, performant and secure at all times. Working in an Agile operations team, the DBA works on a varied mix of strategic objectives, from supporting internal development teams throughout all phases of change lifecycle, providing reactive operations focussed support, to delivering your own DBA focussed strategic roadmap.
Main duties will include:
- Defining of hardware and cloud infrastructure requirements, undertaking research and development within the project life cycle, undertaking technical analysis and producing designs
- Installing and upgrading database servers and application tools in line with vendor recommendations and best practices
- Ongoing analysis and tuning of system configuration and resource allocation, promoting responsive data systems, ensuring operational running costs remain lean
- Continual improvement in data system provision, backup and recovery, using scripting and automation techniques
- Persistent improvement of housekeeping/maintenance routines, promoting efficient and stable data systems
- Focusing on regular and repetitive improvements in security processes and procedures, protecting company data and systems
- Continuous research, development and experimentation of new database technologies and techniques
- Collaborative team working with operations colleagues, IT department, stakeholders, product owners, company employees and 3rd parties.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Experience of working with Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016
- Advanced experience and knowledge of T-SQL
- Experience working with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS, SQL Server clustering and AlwaysOn
- Hands-on experience with data replication techniques, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Working with Agile, development teams and 3rd parties
- Experience and knowledge of MySQL, NoSQL
- Working with data stores, understanding processes of managing data and metadata in a production environment.
Location and hours:
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and will be based at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.