Learning Support Assistant
Education Business Services (Stoke) Ltd
Learning Support Assistant x2
- Grade 1B SCP 8 £14,544 pro rata, (unqualified)
- Grade 1C SCP 9 £15,210 pro rata (qualified to Level 3 in Learning Support; level 2 literacy and numeracy)
- Grade 2A SCP 12 £17,184 pro rata, (qualified to Level 3 in Learning Support; level 2 literacy and numeracy; additional higher level relevant support qualification/s)
- If required, Level 3 in Learning Support to be achieved within 2 Years
20-37 hours per week, term time only, (proportional variable hours)
Ref: VN1565 & VN1582
Providing in-class support for students with a range of additional learning needs, either on a one to one basis or in small groups, you’ll help to develop their literacy, numeracy and study skills and in doing so raise their retention and achievement levels. You’ll need to adopt a flexible approach to your work and you’ll need to maintain accurate progress records and reports as you support students in achieving their learning goals and life ambitions.
You’ll need the following to be considered for the role:
- Experience of working with young people/learners aged 14+ or practical vocational experience (e.g. construction, motor vehicle, engineering) and a willingness to develop skills to support learners with a range of support needs in a vocational setting
- Good IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal ability
- A willingness to achieve Level 2 qualification in English and Maths if not already achieved.
Please note all of the above roles will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure.
Education Business Services (Stoke) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community.
Education Business Services (Stoke) Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: 18th October 2017
Interview Date: 31st October 2017
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.