Our client is a market leading, global provider of retail software solutions, who count the vast majority of global retailers amongst their client base. Due to continued success and expansion they are looking for an Application Analyst to join their delivery team.
The core requirements of the Application Analyst role will be, networking, SQL, Application Packaging (batch scripting, Powershell) and Server Installs/Configurations.
The successful Application Analyst candidate will be expected to pick up and learn new technologies, and this is very much a delivery role as opposed to technical support.
· Retail Systems / Point of Sale Deployment / Card Payment Integration / Enterprise Solutions / Disaster Recovery Solutions
· Mircosoft Server Architecture & Configuration
o Active Directory administration and configuration, Group Policy development and management, DNS, DHCP, Clustering, Network Load Balancing, Terminal Server, IIS, Server Template / Cloning & Creation, Enterprise Systems Administration
o Current Server 2008 & 2012
· Windows Client
o Windows Embedded, XP, POSReady 7, Windows 7 and Windows 8, Retail Specific Hardware Mobile Devices, Operating System Deployment (SYSPREP)
o MS SQL Server, DBA, Planning and Installation, Performance Tuning and Analysis, SQL Replication and DR Architectures
o SMS Installer, Software Packaging and Deployment
o Scripting / Automation batch files, VBS, PowerShell
o Biztalk administration
o Virtualisation " VMWARE / Hyper V
o Cloud Hosted Solutions
o Networking " WAN / LAN
o .Net Applications
· To deliver well tested technical solutions and Gold Build processes in line with documented requirements
· To actively participate in requirement definition, playback and workshop sessions including production of supporting documentation and completion of follow-up activities
· To analyse customer requirements to create accurate technical specifications
· To demonstrate technical competence in the software solutions and implementation methodologies associated with the role
· To provide advice to assist retail customers with understanding new business processes and how to best achieve benefits from the technical portfolio
· To provide accurate scale of effort (SOE) estimates for project work, appropriate to own level of experience or expertise
· Work with third parties to integrate their applications to deliver a technical solution that meets the customer requirements
· To deliver appropriate technical training and support to retail client users, testers and support teams
· To actively participate in the identification and resolution process for project issues and product defects
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Application Analyst to work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Application Analyst then please apply now for immediate consideration.