Cherry professional are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager for this growing SME based in Derby. This is a privately owned, SME who are seeking a Finance Manager who will sit on the management team and work alongside the CFO to support the business and advise on the best path of growth for the business. Managing a small team, based in the office in Derby, this role encompasses all accounting requirements for this company and subsidiaries as have a hands on approach to the Finance Manager role.
Your key objectives will be;
- To run the accounting processes for the business, delivering monthly financial reporting according to accounting standards and to deadlines.
- Overseeing accurate, efficient and timely transactional processes - payroll, purchase and sales ledgers, and cash book - managerial responsibility for a small finance team.
- Interfacing with operational and commercial management to ensure integrity and effective financial control in processes throughout the business.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- To be an effective member of the management team, implementing the business strategy of the company during a period of significant change.
- Monitoring & forecasting company cash flows.
- Interfacing with external bodies.
You must be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) or qualified through experience (QBE) who adopts a commercial and analytical approach. Understanding the business impact of the numbers is crucial. The business is entrepreneurial by nature and requires a highly energetic, motivated individual with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. The business is growing and the role requires somebody who is a strong character, level headed and calm and has a probing and questioning attitude towards their work.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in a broad finance role within an SME, coupled with strong Excel and modelling skills.
This is an interesting opportunity for someone who wants to be a number 1 in finance. Please contact Richard Bowe for a more detailed conversation about this role.