Social Worker - Transition & Resettlement
Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre (STC) is currently looking to recruit a qualified Social Worker to join the Transition and Resettlement team on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be a pivotal part of our strategy; undertaking the development and implementation of child centred, needs-led and integrated sentence planning for Children and Young People (CYP) focused on reducing reoffending.
For the right person we can offer a salary between £28,000 and £34,500 depending on your experience, with the potential to progress and develop in a varied and demanding environment.
What will your role as a Social Worker involve?
- Establishing positive individualised relationships with the young people that encourages them to take advice and ownership of their rehabilitation plan
- Promoting positive behaviours and managing the more challenging behaviours in line with national legislation and operational policy and procedure
- Safeguarding the welfare of the young people including those with high risk of substance misuse, self-harm, suicidal behaviours, emotional fragility and distress
- Planning, coordinating and managing the overall transition and resettlement of individual young people in your care, ensuring the young person is at the heart of their care management plan journey and their opinions are respected and listened to
- Support and motivate them to take ownership of their rehabilitation plan and to promote behaviours which will equip them to re-integrate into society and prevent reoffending
- As a member of multi-disciplinary Care Management team, delivery of the STC vision and goals underpinned by our BIONIC principles (Believe It Or Not I Care).
- There will be a requirement to work within a rotational shift system to ensure and support the organisations consistency of standards and practices within the STC.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Ideally being a Qualified Social Worker and/or certified as a Custody Officer
- Previous experience of managing high-risk children and young people within a custodial/closed environment OR Previous experience in managing, developing and delivering plans to reduce reoffending in a criminal justice/prison/probation service setting & evidence of delivering high performance and outcome-focused services and programmes in a target driven environment.
- Evidence of promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice through service provision.
- Some experience in introducing new ways of working and managing change successfully is desirable
- Budget management experience desirable
- Knowledge of Criminal Justice policy, strategy, rules, application of national and local standards, regulatory inspections in relation to relevant portfolio of responsibilities.
Do you like the sound of this exciting and challenging opportunity, working closely with Children and young people to really make a difference to their lives, & delivering the MTCnovo strategy for Rainsbrook STC? If so, please apply now and we’ll be in touch soon.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76817761