Construction project and operations manager
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to work for a fast paced company with a fully funded and exciting construction programme. The job is a slightly less rigid role and will entail duties involving project and site management at times suitable for a person with experience of medium sized construction projects prepared to work outside a rigid job description.
Macc group is involved in operating care homes (www.macccare.com) and in construction (www.maccliving.com). We are currently involved in and plan to undertake 2-3 construction projects with value of circa £5-6 million each year.
Applicant should have medium to large project management / construction experience, ideally with a professional background such as project management, architecture, quantity surveying or similar. Individuals with no professional qualification but extensive experience of contracting are encouraged to apply. Retired professionals who wish to work full or part time will be actively considered provided that there is active desire to provide value and continue working with passion.
Working knowledge of project related paperwork / regulations is a must with ability to guide and manage the administrator.
- Cost efficiency and control
- Negotiate and source cost effective solutions
- Innovate by own experience
- Contribute to and undertake sourcing of supplies, subcontractors and skilled workforce
- Coordinate with site managers to ensure progress in seamless fashion and within work programme
- Effectively communicate and enhance work ethic at sites
- Guide and manage administrator
- Track and compile paperwork
We genuinely feel that this is an excellent opportunity for someone who has the desire and energy to flourish with a medium sized company and become a vital part of our construction arm with involvement in decision making and strategic progress.