IT Change Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a IT Change Manager to join our IT function in our Burton head office on a 9-month Fixed Term Contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and improvement of the change, risk and release management functions, including process amendment, creation and management.
Healthcare at Home … a little about us...
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
What does a IT Change Manager do at Healthcare at Home?
- Builds strong and effective relationships with colleagues across all team in the department and key stakeholders outside of the department;
- Work with all teams within IT to lead the IT change management function ensuring the process is fully embedded;
- Produces KPI reports on change activity and associated risks and issues;
- Ensure the change function is integrated into relevant IT processes and procedures, utilizing best practice and industry standard frameworks to support business objectives;
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained in both the application of the change management policy and process and utilization of the change management tool;
- Ensure seamless execution of all change activities (e.g. process, project, service, infrastructure or applications) across the IT function by applying change, risk and process improvement methodologies.
- Manages and, where necessary, escalates process non-compliance and anomalies to the relevant Senior Manager.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
You will hold a degree in an IT related subject or have equivalent relevant experience, along with 3-5 years working in a role where process control is critical to successful outcomes. You will also have proven IT experience within a large, growing, multi-channel organization.
Experience working under pressure on multiple project as a leader or subject matter expert is key, as is experience of complex projects requiring in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas. A Prince2 certificate or ITIL foundation certificate is desirable.
You will have excellent communication skills and be confident in influencing others. Being attention and quality-focused, you will be able to critically analyse business situations, plan ahead, and resolve problems to continually improve performance.
Why work at Healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your careers.
We offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including
- Salary of up to £45,000 (pro-rata)
- 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Annual Holiday – 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday (pro-rata)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Mobile Phone and Tablet Device/Laptop
- Company bonus scheme (where applicable)
Healthcare at Home are an equal opportunities employer
Healthcare at Home reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received