Technical Supplier Account Manager (Buildings)
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that's important to you is protected. With over 180 years' experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- Experience of managing Subsidence, Environmental, Drainage, Restoration and Asbestos claims from technical, risk and account management perspectives. Fully conversant with the technical buildings and restoration industries including all legal, Health & Safety and regulatory requirements.
- Manage key technical buildings supplier contracts ensuring all business changes are supported by external vendors through account development and management. Ensure support and compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, buildings regulations and legislation. Implement and promote rigorous governance throughout supplier relationships.
- Identify opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and potential supply base, seeking ways to drive innovation in processes, reduce costs, reduce risks, improve performance and stimulate competition between qualified suppliers.
- To manage the governance of key technical buildings supplier relationships ensuring that commercial obligations are adhered to. Engage with suppliers and partners, ensure that suppliers are monitored and managed consistent with the terms set out in contracts, and notify management where there are discrepancies.
- Undertake structured, systematic and on-going analysis of allocated supplier performance including the use of closed file review auditing, customer insight and colleague feedback. Including an appropriate proportion of time is spent listening to supplier calls, visiting suppliers, liaising with Operational areas and analysing customer feedback through Complaints and customer satisfaction to provide assurance of service delivery and using this insight to provide assurance that business and customer needs are being met, drive innovation and strive for continuous improvement.
- To support and co-ordinate supply chain corporate social responsibility (CSR), risk and project issues in order to minimise operational and reputational risks, within the supply network. Ensure management of the supply chain to support the Group's CSR objectives, to avoid reputational risk and to comply with all relevant business policies and procedures. Co-ordinate reports and updates to Group Committees and Group Risk, including environment, health & safety and contract status in order to ensure compliance with regulatory and other requirements.
- Establish robust and detailed contingency plans to ensure suitable alternative options are available and able to be implemented with minimal disruptions to the business and customers in the event of financial failure of a supplier or withdrawal of services / contract termination.
- Implement a formal supplier management framework in order to identify opportunities to improve the level of service or reduce cost, manage risks and monitor supplier performance.
- In all situations where suppliers provide goods and services directly to our external customers ensure that procurement activity and supplier relationships are managed in line with Legal & General's Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy.
- Maintain a commercial and technological awareness of relevant supply markets to enable understanding of consumer trend, tracking competitor and consumer activity and developments to ensure that supplier strategies/processes remain relevant and leading edge. Make recommendations for changes in and/or improvements to existing and contribute to the relevant category management strategy process.
- On-boarding process: Make sure the process is simple and in conjunction with operational and support areas. Engage, implement, monitor and learn PDCA.
- Skills Required
- BDMA/Dewpoint or Restoration equivalent desired
- UKATA Asbestos Awareness and Management qualification preferable
- Health and Safety - ROSPA or equivalent desired
- Detailed understanding of buildings regulations, H&S and Asbestos legislation and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Essential to have detailed understanding of the works processes and technical challenges of buildings repairs and restoration.
- Ability to undertake technical closed file review audits on all claims/suppliers.
- Excellent analytic skills from a technical, operational and financial perspective
- Understanding contract law sufficiently to be able to identify risks, gaps and opportunities and to be able to ensure supplier delivery to the required quality
- A demonstrable knowledge of techniques to deliver continuous cost savings and add value to business units
Supply Chain Management:
- Understanding the supply chain specific to Legal & General including the role of buildings claims suppliers, their importance and their impact on Legal & General. Also understanding the regulatory obligations relating to the supply chain
- A knowledge of tools and techniques to evaluate the balance of power between Legal & General and its suppliers, the impact of this balance/imbalance and how to use it or change it to Legal & General's advantage
- Understanding of contract negotiation and contract/supplier management best practise and Legal & General specific processes
- Understanding of supplier governance and its implementation for different agreements/services
- Understanding the supply chain specific to Legal & General including the role of suppliers, their importance and their impact on Legal & General
- A knowledge of legal requirements and Legal & General's Corporate Social Responsibility in relation to the supply chain including workers' rights and waste
- Establishing effective relationships with peers, senior business managers and Directors who consider the holder to be a Subject Matter Expert and 'Go to' person
- The ability to lead, innovate and deliver solutions to commercial/service problems
- An understanding of end to end life-cycle from inception to implementation including the organisation of change initiatives (Sponsors, Steering Committees etc) and the construction of business cases
- Understanding of complex performance management frameworks
- The ability to interpret ethical policy and differentiate between normal and excessive business gifts and/or hospitality
- Constant demonstration of the ethical values of Legal & General, leading by example internally and externally
- An understanding of commercial terms and unenforceable provisions (Unfair Contract Terms)
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.