We are on the lookout for a talented electrical engineer with strong water or wastewater industry design experience to join our growing team in Shifnal and support our work Severn Trent. Aside from the passion for our impactful projects, we value our people and are always looking for the best individuals to join our team. We believe that our people are everything. This is one of the reasons why we endeavour to enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees, enabling them to develop within a nurturing environment. We want our people to be the best that they can be.
About the role;
You will undertake electrical and ICA design of water and wastewater schemes as part of a large multidisciplinary team. We provide MEICA and process support to water projects undertaken UK-wide and internationally, so you should ideally be flexible to visit other offices and sites as needed.
Typical duties include:
* Preparation of, or supervision of preparation of, drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument and I/O schedules at detailed design level.
* Production of documentation, including user requirement specifications/control philosophies, tender documentation (including particular electrical and ICA specifications), schedules of prices and engineer's estimates
* Attendance of factory and site acceptance tests provide technical advice and guidance
We will provide you with the opportunity to develop your electrical engineering skills, with excellent long-term potential to advance your career in our successful and expanding water business.
* Experienced electrical engineer, preferably Chartered, Incorporated, or working towards such
* Strong technical knowledge of your field, able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts electrical engineering issues
* Able to demonstrate a broad experience in LV and HV distribution systems, motor control centres/control panels, electrical installation, SCADA and telemetry systems
* Able to write and deliver technical specifications, control philosophies and schedules