Payroll Officer - Charity
Our Client based in Birmingham is a National charity looking to recruit a Payroll Officer. The role will directly support the HR Director.
The role will entail:
- Delivering a payroll service for all within set deadlines.
- Start to finish processing of the monthly payroll.
- Ensuring reports are issued on time and are accurate. Including calculation of adjusted salary for new starters, leavers and pro rata employees, monthly payslips, P45’s, monthly payroll reports, administration of statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SSP) and Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), deductions for pensions, student loans and attachments.
- To be the first point of contact Payroll queries including monitoring inbox and competently deal with any queries coming into the department.
- To set up new clients, new employees, make amendments as per instructions from clients, ensuring audit trails are maintained for all instructions
- To update records as required, for instance, where requested by HMRC, the client organisation, the employee or, in the case of any change to salary, by written request from the relevant and authorised client.
- Ensure the implementation of robust payroll and finance administration procedures, including ensuring accurate and appropriate record keeping in accordance with payroll and finance related legislation, data protection legislation, recognised best practice and confidentiality.
- Provide guidance and support on general pay queries and ensuring accurate payroll information
- Ensure accuracy of pay calculation including manual calculations and information when inputting onto the Opera HR and Payroll system.
- To provide pension administration support to organisations to meet their auto enrolment and staging deadlines.
- To ensure that multiple employee pension records are accurate and that their contributions are paid over to the relevant scheme by the due date.
- Recording and updating employee holiday and absence records, generating reports as requested.
- Liaise with HMRC to ensure compliance with PAYE legislation and requirements. Ensuring that payments for HMRC, for tax, NI, student loans and any other deductions from pay, are paid on time.
- Conduct payroll month end, file RTI information with HMRC online and issue any relevant reports for clients and their employees within tight deadlines.
- Conduct payroll year end, file information with HMRC, run and issue P60's for clients and employees.
- To administer and update all payroll journals.
Applicants must have the above payroll experience.
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer