Cost Controller/Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Our client, a renowned global engineering contracting group operating primarily in the rail industry, is currently looking for an experienced and ambitious Cost Controller/Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team of permanent staff working on a large scale joint venture rail project based in their regional office in Birmingham.
The Cost Controller/Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be required to perform the following tasks and duties;
- Monitoring, reviewing, analysing and controlling all contract costs for projects carried out within the Projects Division.
- Daily collation, monitoring, review of all contract based costs (from site records) by individual contracts including:- labour costs, sub-contractor costs, plant costs and material costs.
- Daily review and monitoring of all actual costs against costs recorded in COINS system to ensure billing information is accurate.
- Preparation of month-end accruals required on all contracts.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly contract summary reports
- Monitor and allocate overhead costs.
- Monitor and allocate the estimating sections recharges to the appropriate contract.
- Attend various meetings as and when required including site visits.
- Alert Senior Management, QA Manager to any non-conformance or deficiency in quality, services, workmanship or materials.
- Collation & Provision of information for client and internal reports as required.
- Processing of contract costs within COINS including subcontract payments & raising queries where necessary.
- Collation and provision of substantiation to support applications for payment and variations.
Candidates will have the following qualifications/experience;
- Minimum of two years relevant experience as a Cost Controller, Commercial Administrator or Quantity Surveyor.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- Great communication and organisational skills.
- AAT qualified would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of COINs would be advantageous.