Senior Payroll Administrator
A highly skilled and experienced Payroll Administrator is sough to join a global leading bank based in central Birmingham.
The appointed Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the accurate and timely payment of the banks permanent employees based in the UK, Ireland, Sweden and the Channel Islands.
Previous Payroll experience gained within a large scale Banking or Financial Services business is essential.
* Planning and prioritising own workload to ensure accurate and timely processing and validating of the work in accordance with Service Level Agreement's (SLAs) and company procedures
* Entering and checking employee amendments, including starters, leavers, bank detail changes, personal data, ad hoc payments and deductions, and tax record amendments on the payroll system
* Providing second level support for any UKI and Sweden payroll queries, responding to employees via telephone, post, and e-mail
* Validating and distributing BACS salary payments each month
* Administrating tasks such as dealing with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) queries, providing data to internal Human Resource (HR) stakeholders, and filing/archiving data
* Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders and external agencies
* Running regular and ad hoc reports from the Payroll and accounting systems for HR, Finance, and Internal and External auditors
* Liaising with colleagues, internal departments, and agencies as appropriate to resolve queries
* Working regular extended hours during the monthly Payroll cycle, and as ad hoc business demands dictate
* Assisting with the processing and end to end control of each payroll run, and of annual pay rounds and vesting share awards
Requirements, Skills and Experience
* Experienced in volume Payrolls within a shared service environment
* Excellent UK Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) legislative knowledge
* Passionate about payroll with strong administrative and interpersonal skills
* Excellent multi-tasking, organisational, and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritise and act with a sense of urgency when required
* Attention to detail with strong analytic and Microsoft Excel skills
* SAP Payroll experience (beneficial)
* Customer centric, performance orientated and a team player with excellent communication skills
For more information or to apply, please contact Laura Woodhead at