Head of Finance
Interserve are looking to recruit a Head of Finance that will take responsibility for timely and accurate reporting of financial performance. You will oversee and provide effective and strategic financial support to the Business Unit
You will ensure financial training is delivered and the department is fully compliant to BU, Divisional and Group policies, relevant accounting standards, GAAP, statute and best practice.
- Be the financial expert for the BU providing timely and accurate information, analysis, advice and support to sector and contract management.
- Work as a member of the BU SMT to deliver and where possible exceed financial targets.
- Work closely with BU and contract management to ensure understanding of the key drivers of financial performance, balance sheet as well as P&L, jointly develop mitigation plans to address any actual or projected under performance as well as identifying areas to improve ongoing performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Drive consistency of income and cost optimisation across the sector and communicate / share initiatives across the BU and the wider CG&D division.
- Ensure adherence to matching principle, ensuring cost and value are recognised in the same period and in the correct period.
- Ensure contract deliverables are in place to allow timely recognition and subsequent collection of value.
- Drive effective monitoring and management of working capital, with timely conversion of WIP and accruals into invoiced debt and trade payables and cash settlement thereafter.
- Develop standard and regular (automated) financial reporting for consistent use across BU, to inform performance on an ongoing basis, not just at month end.
- Review and develop month end processes to ensure timely, accurate and meaningful reporting of performance through CVRs and associated reporting, including the development and delivery of timely, fit for purpose variance analysis for both P&L and balance sheet.
- Prepare and present consolidated sector financial information.
- Jointly drive monthly CVR3 reviews and attend and provide input into CVR2, forecast and budget review meetings.
- Drive and ensure consistency in compilation of actual, forecasts and budgets across contracts within sector ensuring input and buy-in from appropriate personnel across contracts within sector.
- Create, maintain and enforce policies, procedures and governance to ensure compliance with BU, Divisional and Group policies and procedures, together with relevant accounting standards, GAAP, statute and best practice.
- Ensure an efficient and adjustment free audit process, external, internal and client.
- Act as the escalation point for matters financial and interface with clients as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other Heads of Finance within CG&D, to ensure consistency of process and approach on all financial matters.
- Develop and supports the contract finance team and provide infill support as and when necessary
Review and approve all business cases.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the financial / commercial interests of IFM.
- Provide Support and back-up to the CG&D Finance Director when required.
- Perform any ad-hoc duties at the discretion of the BU Director and / or CG&D Finance Director.
- Act as an agent for change in the sector, adopting and leading CG&D and / or Support Services division initiatives.
- Drive rationalisation and efficiency savings with the rest of the BU / division.
- Engage with the IT business solutions manager to ensure that the sector / BU finance requirements are delivered through the mobilisation and beyond
- Act as BU Finance Ambassador and work collaboratively / build relationships with other BUs, divisional support functions and internal service providers
- Leadership - Motivates and empowers others in order to reach organisational goals.
- Commercial awareness - Understands and applies financial and commercial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Strategic - Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications.
- Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Creativity and innovation - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Reporting to the Business Unit Director with a strong dotted line to the CG&D Finance Director. Collaboration with the other Heads of Finance and Support Service functions.
- External stakeholders e.g. auditors, clients, suppliers.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience of financial management of multiple multi site contracts / clients, in the order of £50+M per annum of turnover, preferably within the FM market
- Experience in financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis is required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
- Appropriate professional membership
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards relevant to FM
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective influencer
- Good presentational skills- both oral and written
- Industry knowledge
- Relevant IT, financial and operational systems experience
- Strategic thinking skills
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76812673