Associate - International Employment Team
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for a lawyer to join our growing international employment team in Birmingham. This team sits within the wider employment department in Birmingham and comprises UK qualified lawyers who specialise in international employment law, advising some of the largest companies in the world on their global employment law needs. Collectively, the team has advised clients on employment law issues in almost every country in the world.
The team’s international practice is well established and regularly works alongside colleagues in all Eversheds Sutherland offices and relationship firms, advising clients on cross border M&A, outsourcing, global mobility, the design and implementation of global benefit plans and policies as well as restructuring exercises affecting employees in countries across the world.
The ideal candidate for this role will be 2 - 4 years PQE with experience of international project work and global employment work.
• Work on multi-jurisdictional employment projects, liaising with overseas lawyers to build pragmatic and commercial strategies for clients
• Be the central point of contact for global clients requiring employment law support
• Provide all aspects of UK employment law advice to global clients
• Build and deliver UK and international training sessions to clients (both remotely and in person)
• Support in the design, build and management of a number of the firm’s international client relationships
• Contribute to the firm’s bank of innovative international tools (e.g. the firm’s global HR app which was created by the international employment team in Birmingham.)
Skills and experience:
• Extensive experience of advising clients in a commercial and pragmatic way
• Experience of international project work, strongly preferred
• Ability to analyse and interrogate legal advice to build a consolidated strategy for clients
• Experience of client relationship management
• A strong academic background
• A practical and client centered approach
• Work successfully as part of a hardworking team
• Strong project management and organisational skills
Typically, you will be 2-4 years PQE to have gained the required breadth and depth of experience for this role. A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.