Accumix Concrete Limited specialises in ready-mixed concrete blended via their state-of-the-art mobile concrete batching units. These units allow just the right amount of concrete to be delivered and complete any requirement that you might have.
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Planner to join our expanding company based in Kingswinford, routing/planning our workload across our growing fleet of vehicles in the Midlands and North of the UK.
Delivering Concrete on our specialist vehicles, for our customers’ requirements, on time, within required parameters and in a professional manner. Manage all material stocks, vehicle maintenance and additional operations relating our transport and depots to ensure all standards are met when delivering for our customers and internal business needs.
Key Traffic Planner / Logistics duties include:
- Ensuring that all customer requirements are met and that the highest standards of service are maintained.
- Working effectively with clients, drivers and other operators.
- Planning and scheduling in work, ensuring a smooth process is achieved.
- Monitor drivers in-line with their set KPI's
- Manage stock levels at all depots, refill stocks and monitor usage
- Monitor and book all vehicle maintenance as per schedule
- Responding to all customer enquiries, double checking scheduled works for completion and addressing any issues in a timely professional manner
- Process night orders, weekend and project work as and when required
- Any additional tasks as asked of by line manager
- Provide holiday and sickness cover where applicable
- Liaising with the Internal Sales Team to obtain customer information on Won contracts and become the point of call for all order and delivery enquiries.
- Lead on
- Performing a regular planning review at 10.00am/12.00pm/2.00pm each day.
- Maximise efficiencies and use of man hours.
- Liaise with Operations to provide sufficient delivery resources.
- Develop and report on delivery efficiency KPI’s to senior management team
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and drivers
- Experience of working in a fast paced office
- Good working knowledge of roads networks within the UK
- Understand vehicle maintenance where appropriate
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Desirable if you have experience of the transport industry, such as courier routing, milk rounds or transport routing.
Hours of work
7:30/8:30 on a rota basis till 4:30/5:30pm, one Saturday in every 4 on a rota basis 7:30am - 12:00noon
20 Holidays per year plus bank holidays (5 retained for Christmas)