Head of Community Engagement - Central and North
As Head of Community Engagement, Area Central & North at HS2, you will be part of our community engagement team designing, developing and leading the internal and external community engagement strategies and activities for specific areas along the line of route, including managing relationships with key stakeholders and communities, ensuring the project is proactively mitigating and minimising its impacts whilst maximising its benefits within the communities affected by the construction of HS2.
About the role:
- To act as the front face of the organisation, developing and deepening relationships with key stakeholders, such as Local Authorities, MPs and local representative groups.
- To devise and implement the overall community engagement strategy for the area.
- To provide advice and support to senior members of HS2 and their contractors.
- To lead a team, setting objectives, reviewing performance and participating in selection/promotion decisions.
- To develop and maintain an overview of the communities along the route, identifying their key issues.
- Work closely with the Helpdesk and complaints team (Community Hub).
- Participate in the development of HS2's Community Engagement Strategy.
- To promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work and ensure community engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- Experience of community engagement during the delivery/construction phase in high profile and large scale infrastructure project.
- Experience of managing teams to deliver multiple overlapping activities.
- Experience of working in a political and/or regulated environment/sector.
- Experience of delivering effective community engagement initiatives.
- Experience of working with diverse communities.
- Experience of managing public events and communications.
- Experience of dealing with local or national media during public consultation.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.