General Ledger Accountant - Temporary
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a reputable organisation based just in Aston - Birmingham. The role is offered on an ongoing temporary basis.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to undertake the general ledger accounting, as well as take responsibility for a range of month end reporting; including balance sheet reconciliations as well as analysing a range of financial information submitted by subsidiary organisations. This opportunity would suit an energetic and professional individual who has the ability to work in a complex and dynamic finance department.
Main Duties of the Assistant Accountant include:
- Fixed Asset and Prepayment accounting, Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Preparation of VAT returns and assisting with annual financial reporting
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs
- Provide analysis and commentary on financial variances
- Support on ad hoc projects as required
To be considered for the role of the Assistant Accountant you will have:
- Experience working within the finance and accountancy sector
- Expertise in financial reporting
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex financial information with non-finance stakeholders
- The ability to work accurately and analyse a range of financial information
Please contact us ASAP if you have the skills required for these positions.