A Manufacturing Process Engineer is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long term contract role based in Stafford and is paying a rate of up to £27.00 Ltd Co per hour.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for:
- Evaluating projects and preparing feasibility studies on current manufacturing processes.
- Analysing and providing specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement manufacturing equipment.
- Improving existing manufacturing operations, incorporating new methods, new technologies and modern manufacturing processes.
- Driving change to current processes to improve quality and velocity through the use of lean manufacturing principles.
- Driving out waste from the current processes through lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Play a key role in New Product Introduction implementation for Manufacturing
To apply for this position, you should have some of the following:
- Previous experience in a technical Manufacturing related role
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Process control experience, APQP/PPAP
- Experience in managing capital equipment design, installation and commissioning
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Previous experience of using lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Forward thinking, innovative approach to process design
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For further information about the roles please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.