Our client is a long established and highly prestigious legal company based in the centre of Birmingham. They are a leader in their field with an enviable track record of success, as part of their commitment to continued development they are now restructuring the business and raising the profile of finance within the organisation. They are now searching for a recently qualified Financial Accountant to join their head office team and play a key role in this program of change. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will take responsibility for statutory reporting, identifying opportunities for improved financial control, redeveloping internal processes and working with senior non-finance managers to develop stronger relationships with the finance function.
This is an ideal position for a first time mover from practice or a technically strong accountant looking for an opportunity to redevelop existing processes; the business prides itself on staff development and sees this position as a fantastic way to gain an understanding of their industry and advance.
Ideally you will be:-
- Recently ACA/ACCA qualified, confident in your ability to identify control issues within current accounting processes and provide effective solutions
- Confident in producing full statutory accounts for a large and complex group organisation
- Looking for a role that will make use of your technical skills whilst giving you exposure to the wider organisation and senior non-finance managers throughout the business
- Keen to work in a reputable organisation that value their staff, this business believes that an open working culture and a work/life balance will get the best from the team
In return you will receive:-
- A varied position that will make the most of your core technical accounting skills whilst giving you exposure all other areas of the business as you help to raise the profile of finance as a department
- Support from the Financial Controller and the team as you identify and implement positive changes to current reporting processes
- A long term development plan, this is a large and well established group and this position is seen very much as an entry to the organisation
- A positive working culture; as a company they welcome initiative, reward success and believe that work/life balance is key to getting the best from the team
This is an outstanding position for any recently qualified and technically gifted accountant who is looking to build experience and gain exposure to a business as a whole; they offer long term career development in a stable environment.