Senior Property Acquisition Manager Central
As a Senior Property Acquisition Manager at HS2 you will be responsible for overseeing the more complex and challenging acquisitions on the route that includes a highly diverse mix of properties, spanning cities and large areas of rural land, which makes for a fascinating variety of stakeholders requiring an individual with the relevant skills to guide the cases forward.
About the role:
- We will look to you to implement the strategy for delivering this significant acquisition program, as well as helping to ensure the project runs to time, you will be instrumental to maintaining HS2's reputation
- You will drive forward highly complex negotiations and manage relationships with high profile landowners
- Along the way, you will work closely with senior stakeholders across HS2 from town planning, environment, construction and petition experts
- As an intelligent client you will be able to take the wider view whilst having the ability to interrogate the detail of the advice supplied by the Agents acting on our behalf
- Ownership and delivery of a specific case list, including the high value, complex or sensitive acquisitions in the region, on behalf of the Acquisition Lead
- Ensure all compensation claims are negotiated to settlement within policy, legal guidelines and budget parameters so that land is available to the project at the right time.
- A Chartered Surveyor (or equivalent) with significant experience dealing with multiple stakeholders on sensitive issues, you have a track record of achieving time compressed objectives with acquisition as key focus
- You will bring to the role a flair for building relationships internally and externally
- Evidence of working with suppliers, and ability to develop effective working relationships to ensure delivery through the supply chain
- Demonstrable, substantial experience working in the property business (preferably in the land acquisition related to infrastructure projects)
- Must have broad knowledge of how compulsory purchase works and other government compensation schemes
- Ability to lead sensitive negotiations in a tactful way
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.