Up to £35,000 + benefits
Our client is a small, well-backed and fast-growing business, located in Derby, supplying specialist engineering services and manufacture to the rail passenger rolling stock sector. The company is a well-established player in their sector, with a strong reputation for the highest quality workmanship, excellent customer service and innovation. It is this, combined with increasing market opportunity, that forms the basis of their, ongoing, strategy for growth. The sector offers enormous potential for the development of new and unique services, delivering significant savings to their clients and positioning themselves as their trusted advisors.
The position of Development Engineer is a result of demands now placed upon the business due to the existing and on-going growth in the order book. As a Development Engineer your role will be to become an expert in the process of new product introduction (NPI) - being involved from the very outset, assessing the commercial viability of work, process mapping for quoting purposes and later for the manufacture and acting as the go to person for all customer or production queries. You will be part of a small in-house team of engineers, driving professionalism, commerciality, quality and continuous improvement (CI) across the business.
The role offers significant opportunity for personal development, through the breadth of work in which you will be involved.
- Qualified with or equivalent to a minimum of BEng degree within the Mechanical discipline.
- Experience of spares/repair work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing small - medium size projects from concept to completion.
- Experience of manufacturing techniques such as welding, fabrication, machining…
- Experience of writing technical instructions, route cards, BOM’s…
- Experience of implementing process improvements through lean techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience on MRP systems would be beneficial.
- Experience on SolidEdge CAD software would be beneficial.
- Experience with rolling stock would be beneficial.
- Have an awareness of project costs and the requirements to allow an initial estimation.
- Enthusiastic and willing individual who’s genuinely interested in Engineering.
- Demonstrate a natural tendency towards problem solving.
- Good communication and strong presentation skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Works well as part of a team.
You should be a qualified engineer with a passion for problem solving. You will be experienced within manufacturing and new product introduction (NPI), having commercial flair and a proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally you will have experience within the rail or automotive sector or other quality led industries, will be ambitious and able to take ownership of your projects. If you're interested in this and would like more detail, please apply on-line without delay.
Engineer / Rail / Rolling Stock / NPI / Manufacturing / Automotive / Process and Product