Senior Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic Senior Design Engineer opportunity at a world leading West Midlands-based manufacturer. With a high-end product supplied into almost every automotive OEM in the country, the business is looking for a highly competent Senior Design Engineer with a strong knowledge of surfacing through Solidworks to be a first point of contact for customers.
The business is a global leader in the supply of high-end automotive components. With significant investment in new equipment and production lines, the business is moving through a period of substantial growth in both automotive and manufacturing industries. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to gain involvement in all aspects of NPI work and customer-interface.
This position is responsible for professional mechanical design work involving a considerable degree of originality, ingenuity and skill in designing highly complex machined products. The will be responsible for creating complex drawings to world class standards and require high levels of skill with Solidworks.
- A primary interface on site with the customer, ensuring satisfaction in all aspects of CAD design.
- Performs detailed and comprehensive design package studies
- Presents designs to the customer and participates in customer product development meetings.
- Responsible for the timely production of extremely high quality 3D CAD models and drawings to world class standards.
- Assists in CAD systems administration and electronic data transfer.
- Assists in the coordination and mentoring of fellow designers.
- Interface with suppliers from a CAD perspective to ensure high quality and timely product is supplied.
- Supports purchasing, engineering and management.
- Exceptional knowledge of Solidworks
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working on projects for OEMs
- Excellent communication skills and high level of professionalism when dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Proven ability to execute a design from concept through final production models and drawings.
Salary from £35,000 - £40,000 DOE