Secured Collections Officer - Birmingham
Secured Collections Officer
We’re looking for highly committed, self-motivated individuals who have previous experience in this challenging role. You will need to show empathy whilst being able to ask appropriate questions to help understand customers’ circumstances.
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible for recovering any monies due on customer accounts within the current regulatory framework. Communicating with customers and authorised third parties relating to collections and recoveries activities on their secured and unsecured loans, predominantly car finance accounts. This will involve identifying and helping customers who may be experiencing financial difficulty.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deal empathetically with customers whilst questioning and probing to understand their circumstances
- Examine secured, unsecured and car finance accounts in arrears, verify the elements, obtain instructions regarding their recovery and determine appropriate action
- Communicate with customers in arrears to agree sustainable payment arrangements in line with affordability.
- Monitor judgment cases to ensure payments are made as ordered
- Agree and subsequently monitor forbearance arrangements with customers
- Interpret customer’s instructions and action in accordance with departmental processes and procedures
- Adhering to agreed company regulation and legislation eg FCA, DPA, MCOB etc
- Understanding forbearance options available to customers and working with them to understand their long term intentions of repaying their secured loan balance
- Manage, organise and update information on relevant computer systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work within a team
- Demonstrate problem solving and analysis skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing to learn new systems quickly using existing IT skills
- Ability to adapt to change and remain calm under pressure
Qualifications and experience
Grade C or above, GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics. Previous collections experience also required. Previous car finance experience would be desirable.