Head of Community Engagement - Strategy
As Head of Community Engagement, Strategy at HS2, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of HS2 strategic engagement initiatives and capability. This role will provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to lead on strategy development and implementation, ensuring close collaboration across the Community Engagement Team and HS2 and its stakeholders and partners. This is a key senior role within the Community Engagement Executive Team and will also involve on occasion deputising for the Community Engagement Director.
About the role:
- To lead the coordinated development and implementation of the Community Engagement Strategy.
- To manage the Community Engagement Strategy team, setting objectives and tasks, leading delivery of the engagement activities.
- To manage the Engagement Strategy budget according to agreed objectives and the priorities of the team.
- To support the management of strategic relationships with key stakeholder organisations, such as the Department for Transport, HS2 Board, HS2 Executive and Government departments.
- To lead the on-going delivery, review and refinement of the HS2 Stakeholder Management Framework.
- To ensure that HS2 staff, suppliers and the Community Engagement team have access to global best practices and information required to develop appropriate engagement strategies.
- To ensure that high quality management information, briefs and reports are provided on a regular basis to the Engagement Strategy Team, Community Engagement Executive Team, HS2 Executive, Board & external stakeholders.
- To actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic stakeholder management arrangements in large and complex environments.
- Experience of managing teams to deliver multiple overlapping activities.
- Experience of managing service suppliers to agreed KPIs and budget.
- Experience of leading community engagement and communications activity on high profile and sensitive projects in fast paced environments.
- Experience of providing counsel at a senior leadership level across an organisation on community engagement.
- Experience of working in a political and/or regulated environment/sector.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.