Job ID: KMH/M1/111
Job Title: Engineer
Hours: Full Time
Employer: Keepmoat Homes Midlands 1
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to control and co-ordinate all technical information between external consultants and internal departments.
To ensure all approvals are obtained and information received issued to allow for a programmed start on site.
To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy.
- Work with Land Department to ensure smooth transition of information.
- Check all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met.
- Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and
- Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the constructions process.
- Attend design meetings with the highways and planners to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments.
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required.
- Procure Site Investigation Information.
- Provide provisional assessment of abnormal design requirements.
- Monitor progress of the adoption of roads, sewers and public open space areas.
- Pursue the reduction and release of outstanding Bonds at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist the Engineering Manager to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all engineering design and technical report requirements.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the site teams.
- Obtain all required technical approvals in line with programmed site start dates.
- Work with the Central Design Team to develop products and research build systems to ensure we are ready for legislation and market change.
- Be aware of the need for innovation in all aspects of our business.
- Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the Company.
- Create a team spirit with our Partner consultants to ensure the Company receives total commitment.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Central Technical team and the Regional team, ensuring all information is communicated effectively and efficiently.
- Have a professional attitude.
- Develop and enhance the reputation of Keepmoat.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all external consultants, contacts and members of Keepmoat.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of managing and development individuals
- First rate communication and influencing skills
- Good at developing relationships
- Flexible - able to work at all levels and at hands on level
- Proven written communication skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Previous experience of building relationships with clients/customers
- IT skills including Microsoft packages (advanced knowledge)
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- A proven track record of delivering Building Control approvals.
- Excellent architectural knowledge - particularly house types.
- Experience of managing consultants.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Confident with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Team commitment.
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude and approach to work.
- Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
- Self-motivated, resilient and tenacious.
- Current and Valid UK driving licence.
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay - We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme - Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff - We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust - We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition - We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development - we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Please note that due to the high level of applications, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date please assume your application has not been successful.