About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Derby.
What you'll be doing
As an Electronics Engineer, you will:
- Understand the purpose, value and high level functions of our rail measurement system products
- Contribute to delivering measurement system projects within time, cost and quality constraints
- Collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary project team to understand project requirements, capture electronic hardware component requirements and discuss possible component solutions
- Investigate and make recommendations on whether electronic components/modules (e.g. PLCs) are available commercially to meet our requirements, and if not how feasible is in-house design
- Specify and recommend COTS electronic components e.g. transducers, electronic/solid-state relays, PLCs, industrial computers, network switches, RF receivers, switched mode power supplies, etc
Who we're looking for
- Hold a, minimum, 2:1 degree in electrical/electronic, embedded systems, electronic communications, or other engineering or science discipline that included electronics and embedded software modules
- Have previous hardware design experience for small/medium complexity electronics products
- Have previous experience in embedded systems design - microcontroller based hardware and embedded software
- Have experience of electronic schematic design and BOM export in OrCAD Capture (or equivalent and ability to learn)
- Have previous experience in electrical/electronic circuit simulation in PSpice (or equivalent and ability to learn)
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.