Android / Java Application Developer - Birmingham
Are you looking for a new opportunity working as an Android/Java Developer to be based in Birmingham?
My Client are seeking a skilled Android/Java Application Developer ideally with UI experience to work as part of their tech team on applications delivered to mobile and tablet platforms.
There is definitely flexibility on the role to suit both experienced and potentially less experienced developers, especially where you offer complementary skills - such as C++ and Mac application development.
We are seeking a developer who has a good eye for design with a proven track record in Android Development. Experience of developing web applications would also be very useful.
My Client currently have a number of projects including Mobile, Chrome OS and other cross platform projects. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development and marketing professionals.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking collaborative team environment with a focus on next-generation platforms.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code using Java
- Experience in Android Studio, Android SDK and Google compatibility libraries
- At least one app published in Google Play Store
- UX/UI Design skills, an eye for design is helpful
- Source control using svn or git
- Android SDK/NDK
- Experience in Android architecture patterns - MVC and MVP
- Experience using JNI and interfacing C++ libraries
- C++ development experience
- Experience in scripting using gradle and bash
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- £30-45k depending on experience