Clothing Technical Manager
A dynamic and successful UK retailer are recruiting for a Clothing Technical Manager to join their head office team based in the West Midlands.
My client is a long-established, multi-channel retailer who has recently experienced considerable success within it's clothing division and is looking to recruit an experienced Clothing Technical Manager to be based in their West Midlands head office.
- Manage and lead a team of technologists to deliver the technical strategy and goals of the business.
- Ensure that the technical team and its activities are represented in the larger business initiatives through close working relationships with the clothing senior management team.
- Provide clear direction and ways of working. Set the bench mark for behaviour.
- Grow, support and train the technical team colleagues to achieve high contribution levels and success.
- Deliver the commercial and ethical requirements of the business by working closely with the key product manufacturers and by visiting their production facilities to assess their capability.
- Ensure that the quality standards of the business are competitive, commercial and clearly defined.
- Develop systems of working that maximise the resources available.
- Work with the design managers to interpret the designer brief for the manufacturer by providing excellent technical methods and standards.
- Be aware of innovative materials and manufacturing techniques by attending fabric shows and machinery exhibitions and by working closely with SAL and other suppliers.
- Provide advice on sourcing routes and opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Supply Base.
- Sign-off of new suppliers and ensure that all suppliers meet our code of conduct and technical standards.
- Manage supplier performance using score-cards.
- Culture - engage with the culture of the business and live the values.
- Team Player - builds and maintains relationships. Sets the benchmark.
- Personable - well liked, level and consistent.
- Approachable always willing to help. Operates with integrity.
- Self Starter - always delivers. Understands his/her impact on the bottom line.
- Tenacious- self determined and confident.
- Motivated - presents self in a "can do" attitude. Always professional.
- Has a passion for product - loves clothes and the industry that delivers them.
- Acts with a commercial attitude and understands the customer expectation.
- Puts forward great new product opportunities.
- Education & Experience.
- Degree or equivalent in a related subject.
- Significant experience preferably in a senior technical role centred around clothing retail.
- Solid experience of working in a major clothing retailer and clothing manufacture.
- Demonstrable experience of the clothing sector and understanding of the sector culture and dynamics.