Team Coordinator- phase 2
As a Team Administrator at HS2 you will provide high quality, efficient support to our Phase 2 Project team by performing a variety of key administrative tasks.
About the role:
- Organise meetings, prepare and distribute papers, coordinate progress updates and maintain project documentation to ensure that all team support and administrative matters are completed in a timely manner
- Take summary notes of internal meetings to provide an accurate record of decisions and key points of discussion
- Follow up on meeting actions with colleagues across HS2 to keep work on plan
- File documents and emails to maintain a robust audit trail for the wider HS2 programme
- Check that requests to procure goods and services are supported by the correct documentation/authorisation and undertake prompt receipting for goods and services procured to ensure procedures are applied correctly and the team is within budget.
- Provide ad hoc general office support including printing, photocopying, stationery orders, filing and distributing post to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Significant administrative track record gained within a Team Administrator support environment
- Proven working ability to use MS Office based software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, coupled with a willingness to learn and use new software
- Demonstrable multi-tasking and organisation skills which should include diary management, room and catering bookings, meetings and team administrative support
- Excellent communication skills, including face to face, telephone, email and written
- Track record of working with multiple stakeholders in a large office/ corporate environment
- A common sense approach to working, combined with a proven ability to work to deadlines and confidence dealing with senior members of staff
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.