Banner Plant Limited, a subsidiary Company of Henry Boot PLC is seeking to recruit a Depot Manager for our Plant Hire Depot based in Derby.
Key Function of the Role:
Reporting to the Sales & Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the profitable management and further development of the Depot which provides Plant, Powered Access and Tool Hire.
The key accountabilities will be and not limited to:
- To promote, develop and control the Depot whilst maximising sales and profitability;
- To ensure the Depot's current plant fleet is properly and systematically maintained;
- To ensure the Depot marketing/representation is adequate and appropriate to achieve satisfactory returns on the Company's plant investment;
- To ensure that the Depot is performing against all agreed targets/budgets and managing all costs;
- To ensure that all aspect of work and processes are carried out in line with internal policy;
- To ensure the effective co-ordination of all Depot resources including the efficient use of transport;
- To manage customer accounts with input from Sales team, Credit Control and Accounts;
- To ensure the quality of customer care and service reflects the highest level of excellence;
- To recruit appropriately skilled employees and recommend development to improve employees' skills and performance;
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop all employees across the Depot;
Key Competencies/Person Specification:
The ideal candidate will have/be: -
- Experience working in the hire industry supplying the construction/engineering /industrial sectors;
- Previous sales/operational management experience;
- Ambitious/ driven;
- Committed to deliver excellent customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Driving license;
- Confident using it software including Microsoft and bespoke hire software;
- Flexible working approach which may include attending functions as and when required in order to build customer relationships"
In return for your commitment and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, 34 days holiday (including bank holidays), a company stakeholder pension, life assurance scheme, private medical insurance, company car/car allowance and a company profit related bonus scheme.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE. UNSOLICITED CV's WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Banner Plant Limited is committed to valuing diversity and to equality of opportunity.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.