Criminal Duty Solicitor
Job Title Criminal Duty Solicitor
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
Location: Birmingham - West Midlands
This firm operate as a niche criminal defence practice specialising in Prison law and serious crime.
They are based in the West Midlands, specifically Birmingham and Warwickshire, and are looking for talented individuals to join their robust team. Currently they advise and assist individuals suspected of misdemeanours throughout all stages of proceedings from the Police station through to Courts and prisons in England and Wales.
As an accredited Duty Solicitor you will be required to attend both Courts and police stations in order to assist your clients. You will deal all forms of criminal matters varying from offences against the person, theft, sexual offences and homicide dependent on the indictment. You will be required to conduct yourself selflessly in order to maintain your client’s interests and must be flexible in your approach but will backed with the support of the practice.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Be a qualified Solicitor and have at least 3 years + PQE within a criminal environment
- Police Station accreditation essential
- Higher rights of audience and the ability to bring your own client following - Desirable not essential
- Clear history of managing your own extensive caseload
- Be very knowledgeable across a wide range of criminal matters
- Possesses excellent client care skills
- Superior drafting and writing skills as well as possessing an excellent ability to communicate
- Be able to conduct themselves authoritatively within challenging and high-pressure environments
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.
("Solicitor") AND ("Crime" OR "Criminal") AND ("Duty" OR "Police Station Representative")