Job Description For Vacancy No: 236354T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Status: Contract (12 months)
Job Description: A position has become available for a Manufacturing Process Engineer at the Stafford facility. The Manufacturing Process Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve current processes and systems used in manufacturing large engines. In addition, the Manufacturing Process Engineer will react to process demands to ensure our client's customers receive a reliable product on time.
- Previous experience in a technical Manufacturing related role.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
- Previous experience of using lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Forward thinking, innovative approach to process design.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Process control experience, APQP/PPAP.
- Experience in managing capital equipment design, installation and commissioning.
- Knowledge and usage of MS Office packages.
- Process/systems orientated background.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own supervision.
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies on current manufacturing processes to define desired results, assess value added proposition and determine project plans.
- Analyse, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement manufacturing equipment to improve current manufacturing processes.
- Improving existing manufacturing operations, incorporating new methods, new technologies and modern manufacturing processes
- Drive change to current processes to improve quality and velocity through the use of lean manufacturing principles.
- Preparing manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
- Analyse requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, equipment needs, and engineering product designs.
- Drive out waste from the current processes through lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Complete both specialised and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions.
- As the successful candidate you will be a champion for Manufacturing Engineering process adherence and project structure. You will adhere to the APQP process for process changes and new equipment introduction and play a key role in New Product Introduction implementation for Manufacturing Engineering.
Rate: Up to £28/hr Ltd Co