Area Sales Manager
Portakabin Hire successfully delivered one of their largest projects to date, a £13.5 million solution for the Royal Stoke Hospital. Sound like something you want to be part of?
Join our Hire team in Derby as an Area Sales Manager and you could be involved in winning new business just like this.
Is this role for me?
We’re looking for experienced salespeople with the drive and determination to achieve competitive sales targets, experience selling in the education sector would also be advantageous.
The following experience/skills are also an essential requirement for this role:
- Strong business to business sales experience
- A proven track record in winning new business.
- Experience of carrying out a business development campaign.
- Full U.K Driving Licence.
What are the key duties?
As an Area Sales Manager you will develop and promote the Company’s hire business, to include our full range of products and services within the Derby Catchment area: Derby City, Derbyshire Dales, South Derbyshire, Erewash, Amber Valley, Chesterfield, Bolsover, North East Derbyshire.
- Generate orders by attending Customer sites.
- Achieve hire orders and other KPI targets.
- Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
- Define the requirements of the order and ensure quality information is passed to the Service and/or Projects team, to enable the order to be processed including ensuring a design freeze meeting takes place for all complex projects.
- Carry out structured business development, generating fresh initiatives to heighten local awareness and maximise conversion of direct enquiries.
- Ensure customer contact is made once product is on hire to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
- Effectively use internal systems (e.g SAP and Microsoft Dynamics) to ensure customer information is kept up to date.
- £26,000 - £31,000 plus commission
- Competitive salary and commission scheme
- Company Car
- Discounted cycles and shopping Vouchers
- 24 days holiday
- Full time employees can buy up to 5 days holiday
- 1 day paid volunteering
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.