Site Compliance Manager
Ocado is a pioneering online grocery retailer that is revolutionising the way people shop for food. We pride ourselves on delivering a first class customer experience, so we're on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace.
The Site Compliance Manager will have responsibility for providing guidance on operational food safety matters and will deputise for the Quality Manager as required. The Site Compliance Manager will look after a variety of items including:
- Managing food safety through a program of internal auditing.
- Representing food safety on site management teams.
- Running site HACCP teams.
- Managing KPIs.
- Working in conjunction with the operational teams on business development projects to ensure food safety compliance.
- Site Operational Management
- External bodies as applicable (Regulatory authorities, B2B partners)
- Food Technology team including Own Brand Technical
- Supply Chain and Trading teams
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attending site management meetings and resolving actions as appropriate.
- Managing internal communication relating to product safety.
- Ensuring effective liaison with appropriate operational teams.
- Ensuring effective communication with external bodies and B2B customers.
- Working with training teams to ensure all aspects of food safety, quality and legality are covered.
- Managing seasonality issues.
- Reviewing procedural documentation and compliance.
- Review internal and 3rd party audits and ensuring NCRs are appropriately addressed.
- Supporting new product set up.
- Promoting good manufacturing practice and hygiene standards throughout site.
- Managing microbiological issues on site.
- Temperature management.
- Managing technical aspects of service providers.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Food technology (or similar) degree - or equivalent industry experience
- HACCP qualified
- Internal auditor Qualified
- Advanced food hygiene
- Experience across a wide range of manufacturing environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages and web-based systems
- Able to establish root cause and implement corrective actions where necessary for out of specification results.
- Food microbiology knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Full clean driving licence essential.
- Must be flexible to travel to various site locations within the UK.
- Flexible working hours may occasionally be required.
Preferred but not essential
- Train the trainer qualified.
- Lead Auditor qualified
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.