HR Central Administrator
Job role: HR Central Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 9:00am - 17.30pm
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE USED SHAREPOINT AND CONFIDENT TO USE IT. If you are not proficient on sharePoint you will be immediately unsuccessful for this role as it is a necessity.
Job Overview of HR Central Administrator:
Our client, a well established reputable company are looking for an experienced HR administrator to join the Central HR team here at their head office in Birmingham City Centre.
As a Central Administrator, you will be working as part of the HR Shared Service team, you must have previous HR experience to be considered for this role. Your duties will be to provide all the technical administrative support in the areas of HR and Health and Safety.
This varied role will enable you to support both the Safety and HR teams in delivering accurate and timely administration. We are continuously looking to improve our processes and this role will be involved in the review and change of processes and the publication of documents through company systems including share point alongside varied duties outlined in the job description.
The key responsibilities of a HR Central Administrator: The role is Working as part of the HR Shared Service team, this role will provide administrative and technical support principally in the areas of HR, SharePoint and health and safety to support the business.
Main Duties of a HR Central Administrator:
- HR administration, including but not limited to: processing variation of employment terms and conditions, processing leavers, family friendly policy processing, processing changes to personal details. Ensure paperwork is processed and new information is recorded.
- Process trade union release requests, arrange and administer trade union elections. Liaising directly with external Stakeholders such as Union regional officers.
- Prepare and distribute briefing packs, maintaining a centralised database on completed briefings.
- Design/update newly agreed forms, standard letters and communicate them where appropriate.
- Review and update HR process guides with the support of the Senior Policy and Process Manager.
- Arrange meetings and take meeting minutes as and when required.
- Ability to use SharePoint effectively to improve and automate HR and safety processes.
- Ability to use SharePoint to maintain and share information with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and cleanse the HR sections of eDepot (share point site hosted on office 365)
Health and Safety administration
- Responsible for timely recording of health and safety incidents and accidents
- Responsible for external reporting of Health and safety incidents to external agencies.
- Ensure health and safety investigations are assigned, undertaken and completed by managers in line with operational standards.
- Process requests for Safety Critical ID cards for internal employees and external railway employees as required.
- Create monthly period end reporting.
- System administration of databases and training managers to use the systems.
- Create and share guidance content on operational processes (HR, safety and SharePoint) including intranet pages, forms, templates, instructions, hints & tips and frequently asked questions in order to ensure that information about company processes and tasks are shared with as many employees as appropriate.
- Flexibility to cover other Central Admin processes and roles as required.
- Share knowledge and train Admin team members and other employees on Central Admin systems and processes.
- Support ad hoc requests and all other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade and post.
Key Requirements of HR Central Administrator:
- Experienced in a demanding HR administrative role with a good knowledge of HR policies and processes
- Advanced level of IT competency with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- Knowledge and experience of working with Oracle desirable
- Knowledge of Safety Administrational databases such as ACMS, SMIS+, , Q-Pulse desirable
- Excellent minute taking skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal to provide an effective service
- Customer service mentality
- Good team player and confidence to communicate processes to managers
- Able to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
The role involves working to daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and requires excellent attention to detail
In return the company will provide a company car an excellent salary and benefits package, on going training and excellent career prospects.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY. If you are not contacted by this date please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
You can view all of our roles on www.office-angels.com or on
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.