Maintenance Technician - Electronics Manufacturing
A multi-skilled Maintenance Technician with an electrical bias is required for a temp to perm employment opportunity with a leading international automotive company based in Birmingham. Preferably the person will have experience of electronics manufacturing and PCB assembling environments.
The role is offering £25 per hour based on experience.
Our client is a leading automotive technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of complex, mechatronic, advanced vehicle safety systems.
- Conduct planned maintenance as per the maintenance schedule / plan.
- Attend and resolve reactive maintenance / breakdown repairs.
- Ensure all activities are documented including parts inventory.
- Report any potential areas of concern to the manager.
Key Areas of Interest
Electrical Aptitude (control systems):
- Latest knowledge of control systems.
- Beckoff/festo bus/fibre optic.
- PLC (omron/Mitsubishi/siemens S7).
- Control modules (fibre/signalling/profibus).
- Fault finding - to module / component level.
- Latest Regs (practiced, up to 415 3ph).
- Drive systems, conveyors, belts, lubrication systems.
- Hot and cold processes.
- Fittings / fixings / materials and application.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic principles (circuit and control) low pressure.
- Cylinders, rotary units, electromechanical drives.
- Light press and tooling.
- Excellent materials knowledge - metals (types, hardness, use and application).
- Traditional work shop techniques - miller, lathe, offhand grinder.
- Good use of hand tools.
- Conveyancing - nutek - asys - general SMT conveyancing.
- Ovens - Vitronics, BTUs (paragon), Theramtech.
- X-ray systems.
Skills / Experience Required
- Multi-skilled Technician with high proficiency for both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Maintenance of high speed production machinery.
- Maintenance of manufacturing machinery in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of successfully conducting reactive maintenance activities ensuring a prompt fix with minimal down time.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information please contact James Laver on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: maintenance, fibre optic, Festo bus, Beckoff, PLC, Control modules, Fault finding, X-ray systems, reflow, Ovens, SMT, BTU, PCBA, PCB, conveyor, manufacturing, electrical, electrically biased, mechanical, Siemens S7, step 7.