Site Maintenance Engineer (Mon-Fri 2-10 shift)
Purpose of role:
To support one of our high profile customer sites, we are looking to add to our maintenance team, with a qualified electro (ideally) mechanical engineer.
This is a fixed shift role : Monday-Friday 2-10 responsible for the maintainence and repair of the equipment detailed within the agreed scope of Dematic's contract on the customer site, ensuring delivery to Dematic and customers expectations.
- Carry out equipment servicing in accordance to the quality standards as set out in the equipment manual
- To undertake scheduled repairs in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry best practice
- Priotise system faults as a mater of urgency
- To comply with all health and safety legislation at all times
- To record all work carried out accurately
- Maintain product flows at all times
- Ensure that on site spares are kept to an optimum level
- To represent Dematic in a professional way to the customer at all times
Knowledge & Experience Required
• ONC or equivalent experience in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
• Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship is desirable
• A working understanding of Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic technical manuals & drawings
• Basic understanding of control systems and techniques
• Basic understanding of PLC equipment
• Working at height
• Previous experience of working with various conveyor systems
• PC literacy
• Understanding of pre-preventive maintenance (PPM) schedules
• Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry
Working at height and commitment to overtime when required.
This is a non-shift role, working pattern is Monday to Friday.
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.