Service Performance & Insight Analyst
Data and Insight Analyst
Birmingham, B26 3RZ
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum + 10% bonus + other excellent benefits
The role of Data and Insight Analyst will have responsibility for the delivery of IT performance and insight reporting. You will be involved in trend analysis of IT incidents, measuring the continuity and availability of services across the IT estate. Also involved will be performance trends to drive service improvements and collaboration with service managers enabling a pro-active approach and early recommendations for improvement initiatives.
The position would suit a curious, data-driven individual who has a passion for the technical implementation and analysis of IT performance
We're a collaborative bunch with a great working environment. Ideas and new ways of working are championed, so we love people who want to challenge the way things are!
- Contribution of insight on IT performance, translating technical, data centric information into user-friendly and easy to digest information.
- Delivery both written and verbal of findings and analytical techniques in a way that is relevant and compelling to the audience (including Directors and VPs).
- Investigate, question and derive value from datasets and challenge discrepancies within to ensure accurate performance reporting.
- Development and delivery of data into production to be used to support the wider function in analytics and visualisation.
- Support in the identification of the appropriate KPIs /SLA/Customer Dashboards/Balanced Scorecards and other service measurements metrics to allow accurate measurement of the quality of the services we delivery and support.
- Trending - driving ticket behaviour improvement, fix the fundamentals and drive reduction in low priority incidents, build time and cost saving model to enable benefit realisation. Quality checks as improvements are delivered into production.
- Production of ad hoc analysis as and when required.
- Supporting Service Managers on insight and analytics for their service portfolios pan Europe.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Service Assurance roadmap and build on teams reporting and insight maturity.
- Responsible for maintaining IT reporting catalogue and ensuring that all deliverables meet company goals and objectives.
- Maintains and improves relationships with key customers, peers in the operating countries.
- Input and assessment of project readiness criteria and new services to assess and agree KPIs and defining the development of new performance reporting requirements.
- Identify and support driving improvements in analytical best practice.
- Supports ongoing evolution of the services and support delivered, ensures alignment with industry direction and best practice to maximise value to Liberty Global as a whole
Required critical behaviours
- Deep understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- Understanding and experience of relevant technologies and systems
- Experience of providing data visualization and analysis using, QlikView, OBIEE or similar platforms would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of SQL development skills or similar platforms would be advantageous but not essential.
- Proven experience of delivering to senior audiences but equally able to adapt style when required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across all functions
- Ability to collaborate with various departments to achieve mutual success
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided
- Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
- Demonstrates strong ability to work under pressure with multiple competing priorities.
- Strong ability to work logically through a fault timeline.
- Strong ability to create and maintain process adherence
- Demonstrates the ability to relate and articulate technical faults to financial and customer impact.
Required key skills
- Supports and delivers Strategy
- Implements on the T&I objectives as reflected in the company's strategic objectives and the pillars of one promise, one plan, one company
- Surprises and delight our customers and innovates based on the needs of tomorrow
- Tenacious and relentless in their drive for results. Striving to achieve simplicity for our customers and employees
- Works across our matrix/footprint to achieve the best outcome for the business, our customers, employees and shareholders
- Knowledge of telecommunications, ISP & Broadcast industry
- Ability to lead at scale across multiple priorities, continually innovating and creating new opportunities to deliver greater efficiency
Join and you'll be part of the Virgin Media family. We're a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
Full role profile and person specification available.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!