Chase and Holland are delighted to be working alongside an established manufacturing company who are based just north of Derby. They are currently recruiting for a full time Payroll and Accounts Assistant which offers support towards AAT! The role will be split approximately 50/50 between payroll and general finance duties. It is essential you have payroll experience but accounts knowledge is not a prerequisite.
This role joins one other in a Payroll team. It is a full-time position (37.5 hours) including both payroll and finance related duties.
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll (new starters/leavers/maintenance/sickness/holiday/overtime) for approx 500 employees (salaried and weekly), ensuring the data is accurate and compliant with company procedures and policies
- Downloading and updating tax codes/student loan notices
- Checking and amending payroll input - weekly checklist to adhere to
- Maintaining pension records for both the Company's pension scheme and auto enrolment
- Performing internal audits on key payroll areas (including, but not limited to, overtime, calculation of P60 rates)
- Liaising with the wider Finance team and assisting with purchase ledger, credit control and general accounts
The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail, effective time management and the ability to work to strict deadlines. Previous Payroll experience is required for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established business that has a loyal customer base due to consistent service. Benefits include - Pension scheme, Free onsite parking and an onsite canteen and competitive salary of between £23,000-£24,000.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.